My personal challenges with Upavistha Konasana:
- Tightness of the inner hamstrings:
- Tightness of the adductors:
These tight inner hamstrings and adductors lead to difficulty in widening the legs in an upright seated position, and further difficulty in folding forward at the hips with widened legs.
Other Challenges you may experience:
- Tightness in the backs of your legs.
- Tightness in your lower back.
- Tightness in your hips.
Tips for Tightness:
- Place a folded up blanket or bolster below the buttocks.
- Bend your knees slightly, but keep your toes and knees pointed up towards the ceiling at all times.
- Follow my 20 minute semi-resorative practice 1-3 times per week.